Tuesday, July 12, 2016

[ Blogiversary ] Author Interview: Shae Scott



Author Interview: Shae Scott
Welcome Shae Scott! It is amazing to have you’re here at T & G Book Boutique! Let’s get started with the questions! I am excited.

First off, tell us a little bit about yourself!
I live in the Midwest now, but I’m totally a southern girl at heart. I’m a touch shy, but a lot loud when I’m comfortable. I love KC Royals baseball and work in radio during the day. Also, I can’t make a decision to save my life. Which is why I couldn’t decide how to answer this question.J

What got you into writing?
I am an only child so my random stories have always been a constant. I have always been lost in some other world. I always wanted to do something with it, but was too nervous to open myself up that much. Writing is personal, no matter what you are writing about. Pieces of you are always there. So it took me a long time to take the leap of faith. I’m glad I did though. I love it.

Tell us a little bit about the books that you’ve written.
Currently I have released 4 books. The Unfished Duet (Unfinished and Indelible) which is a second chance romance. I also have On Paper about an arrogant male author who falls in love with a book nerd at a book convention. And my recent release, The Rise of Emery James is another second chance romance about trying to find yourself again.  I like to write about real emotions, real situations – just kicked up a notch.

Who or what inspires you to write?
Everything. Music is a big factor. My playlists are like little movies in my head. I also get inspiration from conversations around me. Sometimes one simple sentence can send me on a story spiral. I carry notebooks with me everywhere so I can write everything down.

Favorite hobby other than reading?
My boyfriend has a 64 Impala – It’s not really a hobby, but we like to drive around and try to get lost. There is a part in The Rise of Emery James where the two main characters drive around back roads and flip a coin to decide which direction to go next We do that all the time.

Tell us an embarrassing story?! I always love asking this question because it gives us a good laugh.
Okay. So a few years ago we went to a wedding for a couple that my boyfriend went to school with. I’d never met them, but they had this great ceremony outside of this old fire station. It was a really awesome place. Anyway, we were standing in the receiving line waiting to congratulate the couple and as I stepped down and extended my hand my foot slipped, sending my face straight into the bride’s cleavage and then me flat on my face with my dress around my head…..I think it’s safe to say that I made quite the first impression.

If you had to pick between reading or writing what would you choose?
I think this is the hardest question you could have asked. I’ve backspaced and deleted my answer like 12 times! If I say reading does that mean I can at least keep my stories in my head? I think this is the best solution to this  torture.

Tell us one weird or interesting thing about you?
I have lots of weird. I’ll give you the weird I just caught myself doing…I often make up songs as I do chores. Songs about what I’m doing or conversations with the dog. Basically, I’m living my life in a giant musical.

Describe your ideal book boyfriend.
A good heart. A little bit of a stubborn streak. Genuine. Vulnerable. Good guy or cocky bastard…I don’t even care. And at the end of the day someone who can take charge of a situation. (Remember…I hate decisisons.)

Describe your favorite leading lady.
I love characters with real genuine feelings and hang ups. I like to feel like I might know that girl. I like also like strength, even if it’s found in the journey of the story, even if starts as a whisper.

Thank you so much Shae! It was awesome to have you with us!

Thanks of having me!



Books by Shae


Sometimes life begins with a second chance.

On graduation night, Ally Montgomery walked away from her best friend, Owen. One night changed them forever. One night, one decision to cross the line of friendship, one decision to walk away.
She never forgot him.
Ten years later, Owen finds her.
And this time, they're not letting anything go unfinished.






“Expectation is the root of all heartache.” William Shakespeare

Keaton Harris always thought he would be reporting from the front lines as a hard-hitting news reporter. He never expected to become a best-selling romance writer. But the job definitely has its perks, like the long line of ladies who are eager to become his muse for a night.
He doesn’t expect to meet Quinn Ryan at a book convention. He doesn’t expect to be taken with her so quickly. She is beautiful. Smart. Quiet…and totally giving him the cold shoulder.
Quinn has no interest in becoming a Keaton Harris groupie, no matter how hot he is. She learned a long time ago that playboys make dangerous playthings. But when he proves to be more than she expected she finds herself weakening to his charms.
One week. That’s all it was supposed to be. One week to have an adventure, to be someone else. It was never supposed to go any further than that.
Maybe that Shakespeare guy was on to something.




Sometimes going back is the only way to move forward.

EMERY
In one moment my life fell apart. One single moment and the perfect picture of happily ever after shattered in an instant.
I thought it would destroy me.
It saved me instead.
Sometimes it takes the unexpected, the unimaginable, to shake you awake. It takes something drastic to remind you how to live. For me, losing everything gave me the chance to find everything I’d lost. It gave me the chance to find me.
COLE
Second chances don’t come easy.
Emery James was supposed to be my one regret. The one thing I gave up. The one thing I couldn’t get back.
But then she came home.
Broken and lost, she’s a shadow of the girl I loved. But I can still see her and I’m determined to put her back together.
Second chances don’t come easy. But I refuse to let her slip away again. I’m going to fight for her. I’m going to fight for us.
For everything that we lost.
Sometimes the things that RISE from the ashes are strong enough to last forever.
***This is a slow burn, second chance romance. Not all love stories race, swerve, dip and climb. Sometimes the journey is steady. quiet. But, the impact on a heart can be just as powerful.


Connect with Shae





2 comments :

  1. Great questions and loved the answers, especially the embarrassing story! Being genuine and vulnerable are important for my book boyfriend(s). I own On Paper, because it sounds so good. I love it that he is an author. I really wish for my reading time, but I hope to read it soon! - H

    ReplyDelete
  2. great interview! these are so fun. can't wait to read all the books ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...