Friday, November 4, 2016

[Review] Forfeiting Decency by Rachel Schneider


Title: Forfeiting Decency
Series: Breaking Habits Series
Author: Rachel Schneider
Genre: New Adult/Suspense Standalone
Release Date: November 4, 2016



“Sleeping with married men doesn’t bother me as much as not having a place to live does.”
Kaley Monroe lived a life of privilege until her father went to prison four years ago and all of her family’s assets were seized by the federal government. Fending for herself, she relied on what comes naturally to her—her beauty. Having sex for money isn’t glamorous or ideal, but it’s manageable. She doesn’t expect life to show her any mercy, and she won't live in ignorance. 
It’s not until Kip Foster is released from prison that her life starts to feel complicated. Somehow, Kip unearths desires in Kaley that she never knew she had. A desire to be more, to feel more, and...to be loved more. However, lies by omission are the most dangerous secrets, and they refuse to remain hidden. 
Sometimes, easy isn't always a choice.







Review
Forfeiting Decency is heart stopping and raw. Rachel Schneider gives us a book about two characters, Kip and Kaley, that have had a history together, which has neither been easy or unemotional. Rachel Schneider just created brilliance with Forfeiting Decency in all of its rampant emotions, anxiety ridden plot, and silent but strong passion fueled love. No other story has made me feel this way and this book has now become a favorite of mine this year. The characters had so much hidden complexity that I was feeling their every thought. 

Forfeiting Decency had me feeling unhinged with need, want, and passion for Kip. Kip is everything to me and he is MINE. Mine, I tell you. I didn’t know that I would fall this hard for him. In book 1, Taking Mine, I saw some good characteristics in him but I just never really connected with him as a book boyfriend. BUT boy was I wrong. Rachel you outdid yourself with this one. He is amazing and real and a complete heartthrob. Everything that came out of his mouth, and even his facial expressions, had me wanting to jump him. He did everything right and everything about him just felt humble. The way he loved was silent but he loved harder than words can describe. 

Kaley wasn’t my favorite and I am so jealous that she has memories with Kip. She has flaws, lots of them. She is not likeable but at the same time she is so unlikeable that she makes you like her. That makes no sense at all but it will once you read it. She just has this air about her that drives you insane with wanting to make her see the light. Her mistakes are real and I love that she accepts them and after so much going on in her life she owns up to them. That is the thing I admire most about her. Even though she made me angry, I know she did the right thing. By the end, I felt connected to her and I understood everything.

Another incredible part of this book was that I was able to get more Justin and Lilly, from book 1. I can’t tell you how much I missed them and seeing them in this book just stole my breath away. They were adorable together. Though I was angry at Lilly. She just made me angry. Her interactions were Kaley made my heart hurt. I understood it but I wanted to defend Kaley. She really had very few on her side and I wanted to stand up for her, but I got everything. I knew that words needed to be said and I am glad they were spoken.

This love story isn’t like any other. Kip and Kaley are different than any other characters I have ever read. Their love felt true and deep. Real and understanding. Desperate yet needed. Even though not a lot was expressed I felt it leap through the pages. The unspoken words were the strongest in this epic love. I have never read a love story with so much quiet love but overflowing depth. I don’t even know how best to describe Forfeiting Decency because this is a story you need to read to be able to understand it’s meaning. I just love this story so much. 






I snicker as I descend the steps. Prison has done Kip well. He used to keep his hair long, tied back when he worked under cars. Now it’s short, cropped close to his skull, and it does nothing but enhance his features. It no longer distracts from the stark color of blue in his eyes or the slight hollow of his cheeks. And those muscles. 

                Oh my god.
                I just saw Kip’s dick.
                And it was glorious. 
                As I wait in the kitchen, I scope out the fridge, deducing that Lilly and Justin eat like pigs. There are three different take-out boxes, a surplus of soft drinks, and a full block of cheese. I settle for a glass of water. 
                Kip’s feet pound down the stairs and I can hear his annoyance in every step. “Enjoy the show?” he greets me.
                “I see prison only added to your deep need to be super surly all the time. But yes, I enjoyed the show. How come you never mentioned how well endowed—” 
                “Kaley,” he interupts, gripping the bridge of his nose.
                “There’s nothing to ashamed of. Most men would be ecstatic to be so…” I take a moment to hold my hands up, exaggerating by a foot or so. 
                “I swear to god, if you mention this to Lilly…” He trails off.
                “You’ll what?”
                He breathes out, turning away as he opens the fridge. “Jesus Christ, do they eat any real food in this house?”







Rachel Schneider is from a small town in South Louisiana. When she's not replying sarcastically to her husband or trying to sneak in cuddles with her daughter, she's writing about life, love, and things unexpected. But let's be real...she's probably on Facebook. Her debut novel, Taking Mine, is currently available on Amazon, and her second novel, Forfeiting Decency, releases November 4, 2016.






HOSTED BY:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...