Friday, September 16, 2016

[Review] Dare to Dance by SB Alexander




Title: Dare To Dance

Author: S.B. Alexander

Release Date: September 13, 2016

Genre: Sports Romance

Format: eARC

This story will grab your heart and never let go! Based on true events.
Hoping to sign with one of the biggest boxing promoters in the country, Kross Maxwell has to maintain a near perfect record. He can’t afford to lose any more bouts. But his head isn’t in the ring. Instead, he can’t seem to shake his past that’s been beating on his mind. To get back in the game, he goes in search of the girl he walked away from--the one girl who's always owned his heart.
Twenty-year-old, Ruby Lewis, is angry and frustrated with the way her life turned out. She dreamed of becoming a ballerina, but instead of performing for the rich and famous, she’s swinging her fists at girls twice her size in filthy, underground fights. She’d give anything to sleep in a bed, rather than the cold dark streets of Boston. Begging for her next meal, she often thinks of the friends she once had, the nice home she lived in, and the only boy to ever steal her heart. But Kross Maxwell wouldn’t want her now--not with dirty fingernails, ragged clothes and oily hair. But when she runs into him, the concrete wall she’s erected around herself threatens to crumble, and she can’t let that happen--if she wants to survive and get back the only thing that's ever mattered to her.
Dare to Dance is the 4th book in the Maxwell Series and can be read as a stand-alone. The book is intended for audiences 18+


Review
**5 stars**

I love SB Alexander's work and this series, I was so incredibly excited for Kross's book that I wasn't even prepared for how amazing it was going to be. Out of the 4 books in the series so far, Dare to Dance takes the cherry on top for being my favorite. I wasn't prepared for how much I would love Kross after Kade and Kelton, but Kross is my new favorite Maxwell.
Kross, how do I even describe him? He's a boxer and he let go one of one the best things in his life because he wasn't ready, but he never forgot her. He wasn't prepared for how he would find her again either or the circumstances that would be revealed once he found her and she told the full story...
Ruby- sweet, amazing- Ruby... She is my favorite leading Maxwell lady. There were so many times I wanted to crawl into my kindle just to love her. She hasn't had it easy and letting the one person back into her life who broke her heart isn't going to easy, especially with that secrets she has.

I was in a puddle of tears with many parts of this book. It tugs at your heart strings and makes you want to hug Kross and Ruby. I wish I could say more, but I don't want to spoil it for others. Know this, Kross Maxwell loves fiercely and that family always comes first.



Connect with S.B. Alexander

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...