Tuesday, May 2, 2017

[Review] Pipe Dreams by Sarina Bowen


Title: Pipe Dreams
Author: Sarina Bowen
Series: The Brooklyn Bruisers, book 3
Release Date: May 2, 2017
Format: eARC

A goalie has to trust his instincts, even when taking a shot to the heart…
Mike Beacon is a champion at defending the net, but off the ice, he’s not so lucky. A widower and a single father, he’s never forgotten Lauren Williams, the ex who gave him the best year of his life. When Lauren reappears in the Bruisers office during the playoffs, Beacon sees his chance to make things right.
Lauren hates that she’s forced to travel with the team she used to work for and the man who broke her heart. There’s still undeniable sexual tension running between her and Mike, but she won’t go down that road again. She’s focused on her plans for the future—she doesn’t need a man to make her dreams of motherhood come true.
Lauren plays her best defensive game, but she’s no match for the dark-eyed goalie. When the field of play moves to Florida, things heat up on the beach.
One of Mike’s biggest fans doesn’t approve—his teenage daughter. But a true competitor knows not to waste the perfect shot at love.



Review
**4.5 stars**
It's not secret with my friends that I love hockey romances, but second chance hockey romances? SIGN ME UP. The Brooklyn Bruisers series by Sarina has quickly become one of my favorites and Pipe Dreams was no different. I loved Mike and Lauren's story. Their story was just what I wanted in the sense of a second chance romance. It was bumpy but beautiful.

I loved watching Lauren and Mike get reacquainted with each other in Pipe Dreams and things that happened to break them up. I loved that the story gave you glimpses of the past but focuses on the present time as well. You see small pieces of Lauren in the first two books and I'm not going to lie, I thought she was rude. What I didn't give her credit for was how the sudden break up with Mike truly affected her. She wasn't rude, she was just heartbroken. I loved Lauren and felt for her the entire time. I can see why she was acting the way she did and how she still had her guard up when it comes to Mike, but when I loved was how Mike didn't quit her. He tried until he saved the best shot ever, Lauren.

I loved Mike from page one. He was truly himself and that was what made him swoony to me. I loved how you could see he was real. He didn't try to pull out any special stops or anything to make Lauren want him, he was himself. He's an amazing goalie and a great father, but he was missing the one thing that made him whole. Watching him win he back was just what I was looking for and I truly loved every second of their story.


I hope this isn't the end. I hope we get more. This series has been one of my absolute favorites by Sarina Bowen.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...