Monday, October 27, 2014

Going Down In Flames Review Blitz




Going Down in Flames by Chris Cannon
REVIEW BLITZ
BUY IT AT AMAZON: Amazon
BUY IT AT BARNES AND NOBLE: Barnes and Noble

If her love life is going down in flames, she might as well spark a revolution.


Finding out on your sixteenth birthday you’re a shape-shifting dragon is tough to swallow. Being hauled off to an elite boarding school is enough to choke on.


Since Bryn is the only crossbreed at the Institute for Excellence, all eyes are on her, but it’s a particular black dragon, Zavien, who catches her attention.


Zavien is tired of the Council’s rules. Segregated clans, being told who to love, and close-minded leaders make freedom of choice almost impossible. The new girl with the striped hair is a breath of fresh air, and with Bryn’s help, they may be able to change the rules.


At the Institute, old grudges, new crushes, and death threats are all part of a normal day for Bryn. She’ll need to learn to control her dragon powers if she wants to make it through her first year at school. But even focusing on staying alive is difficult when you’re falling for someone you can't have.


Review
5 out of 5 Stars

So this book was amazing. It was so refreshing and captivating to me. I hadn't read a book that had me reading nonstop in a long time. I mean I even stopped writing my article for this book (which was bad because I needed to do it). I just couldn't stop reading because it was just so interesting and different. I needed different and I am so glad that I was given this book to review because it just reminded me that I need to have new books that are different every now and then. So sorry about my rambling but this book just reinforced why I love reading and blogging so much. 

Well anyway, umm so I don't even know where to start so I guess I will start with the main character. Bryn was everything I wanted in this book. I mean she doesn't back down, she has a strong personality, and she is unique. I mean she is constantly attacked and belittled but she is strong and she doesn't let anyone bring her down. This book about dragons is amazing and I loved how the book started because we get so see how she finds out about being a hybrid dragon (but she was so totally not supposed to be born, according to the Institute). As for the side characters they are pretty great and I especially love Zavien because he is the bad boy but good boy if that makes sense (if not sorry but you will understand once you read the book). 

I loved the dragons because they all had their own special thing for instance the red dragons breathe fire and the blue dragons ice. The bad thing is man they are seriously segregated! Their color automatically places them in a social class or into what field of study they should go into (green dragons go into the medical field for example)! That is just so crazy and I am glad that Zavien and now Bryn are trying to change that. There seriously needs to be more books about this because Chris Cannon did an amazing job. I just hate the rules that all the dragons must follow but hopefully they will be solved and don't get me started about that because I already need the next book. Like seriously NEED it because I sooo did not like the ending to this. It's making me suffer. If you want something new and different then you need to get your hands on this book like yesterday. 


About Chris Cannon
Chris Cannon lives in Southern Illinois with her husband and her three dogs, Pete the shitzu who sleeps on her desk while she writes, Molly the ever-shedding yellow lab, and Tyson the sandwich-stealing German Shepherd Beagle. She believes coffee is the Elixir of Life. Most evenings after work, you can find her sucking down caffeine and writing fire-breathing paranormal adventures. Going Down In Flames is the first book in Chris Cannon's shape-shifting dragon series.

Twitter: @ccannonauthor

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...