Tuesday, March 29, 2016

[Review] Underneath It All by Kate Canterbary


Title: Underneath It All
Author: Kate Canterbary
Release Date: October 19, 2014
Format: e-book
If I had known I'd have a hot architect balls deep inside of me before the end of the weekend, I'd have made time for a pedicure.
 
Lauren
It's all the little things—the action plans, the long-kept promises—that started falling apart when my life slipped into controlled chaos.
 
After I met Matthew Walsh.
 
I couldn't decide whether I wanted to run screaming or rip his pants off, and most days I wanted a little of both. If I was being honest with myself, it was rip his pants off, ride him like a workhorse, and then run screaming.
 
Matthew
A rebellious streak ran through Lauren Halsted. It was fierce and unrelentingly beautiful, and woven through too many good girl layers to count, and she wasn't letting anyone tell her what to do.
 
Unless, of course, she was naked.
 
She wasn't looking for me and I sure as shit wasn't looking for her, but we found each other anyway and now we were locked in a battle of wills, waiting for the other to blink.
 
Sometimes the universe conspires to bring people together. Other times, it throws people down a flight of stairs and leaves them in a bruised and bloodied heap.


REVIEW

Kate Canterbary sure knows how to write up handsome, alpha, swoon-worthy men! She took Lauren and Matthew and breathed them life in Underneath It All. It was a beautiful story that I was pulled into from the start. No doubt about it that she knows how to craft a story and leave you wanting more!

Underneath It All is about the Walshes, but in this particular story, it is about Matthew Walsh. The first Walsh to fall.  All the characters are smart and cunning. They are educated and that is one thing I loved about this book. They are architects and very good at their job. So when little Miss Lauren needs help with a project, Matthew Walsh was called in. The attraction between these two is sizzling. Sparks are flying with these two characters and that is where their story begins. The hard part about these two characters is that work is their life. They cherish in their achievements and accomplishments. Will work always come first?

Matthew Walsh is incredibly talented and this hunk drew me in with his smarts, his attitude, and his alpha male demeanor. There is nothing I love more than a smart man! The confidence he has and the way he does math in his head was extremely hot. I couldn’t get enough of him. He knows what he wants and he goes after that. In this particular case, Lauren is what he wants. She is a tough little firecracker though. I thought Matthew was going to be the problem and the one that was going to have a harder time to admit his feelings but it was the other way around. Matthew Walsh knew exactly what he wanted and he wasn’t scared to admit it.

On the other hand, Lauren was the opposite. She was all about work and Matthew was the one who had to chase. Lauren didn’t draw me in because she was a stubborn woman! She made me a little angry. Ok, a lot angry. I wanted to smack her and tell her to stop avoiding her feelings! Work is not as important as the hot alpha man that she has wrapped around her!

Underneath It All was everything I needed. It has romance and hot men. I was really intrigued by one Walsh. He had me from the start. Riley you are mine! All I know is that his book isn’t out yet, which makes me sad, but I sure do wish I was the leading lady in his book! He had me so captured. I can’t wait to get to the next 3 books in the series. I am so excited!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...