Tuesday, March 8, 2016

[Review] Redemptive by Jay McLean

redemptive-fb-cover-available-now

RELEASE DAY BLITZ

Title: Redemptive (Combative Trilogy 2)

Author: Jay McLean

Release Day: March 8


Redemptive E-book
It's said that your life flashes before your eyes when you die.
It must only happen to those whose lives were worthy.
Clearly, mine was not.
The only thing that happened to me was a repeat of what I thought was my death.
The blast of the gun as it went off.
The loss of my breath as two hundred pounds of dead weight dropped on top of me.
And then darkness.
This replayed over and over.
When the guy squatted down next to me and asked if I was hurt, the only thing I could see, feel,
hear, were those few seconds.
Even now, as I sat in the back of a blacked out van—it was the only thing that ran through my mind.
Gunshot, breath, darkness.



PURCHASE LINKS:

Amazon | Amazon UK | iBooks | B & N | Kobo

COMBATIVE (BOOK 1) ON SALE FOR 99c

Amazon | Amazon UK | iBooks | B & N |  Kobo


My Thoughts
Jay McLean has just revealed to us one of her best books yet. Redemptive is gut-wrenchingly, heartbreaking in the most beautiful way. Redemptive left me cringing, gasping, and wanting more. When I read Combative, the first book in the trilogy, I had a direction of where this book was going to head, but that is not even close to what I got. I was not expecting anything of what I got. Redemptive tore me to pieces. It gave me the very few answers that I was not ready for. I wasn’t prepared for them. I wasn’t prepared for characters that made me love them and hate them at the same time. Although, I admit, it was more love than hate.

Redemptive is a book I thought would give me answers, but instead it literally took me back, not moving me even an inch forward in time. Jay McLean left me in shock and reeling with emotions. I do not know what is to come or where she will take this trilogy next. I am left dumbfounded. I don’t have the words to express how wrong but so right this book is.

I can’t even speak my mind because I can’t reveal too much. I can’t talk about the characters because it would give too much away. I can’t talk about the story because it feels wrong to share something that is too good to speak about. This book is all about experience. You have to experience it yourself to be caught up in this emotional twist of events. All I can tell you is that this book is beyond great. It NEEDS to be read. It needs to be cherished and appreciated. Don’t get me wrong, this book will leave you in a whirlwind. BUT it is definitely worth it.

I have nothing else to say. This has been one of the hardest reviews I have ever written. I have too much to say but not anything that I can actually say. I will just leave you with this: READ THIS BOOK. Love it, and fall in love with Jay McLean a little bit more. Her books are everything you need and you will not be disappointed.


Redemptive Wrap


 redemptive-square-LIVE

GOODREADS LINK:



Redemptive-Teaser-3

Redemptive-teaser-LIVE

Bio_pic

About Jay McLean
Jay McLean is an international best-selling author and full-time reader, writer of New Adult Romance, and most of all, procrastinator. When she’s not doing any of those things, she can be found running after her two little boys, playing house and binge watching Netflix. She writes what she loves to read, which are books that can make her laugh, make her hurt and make her feel.

Jay lives in the suburbs of Melbourne, Australia, in a forever half-done home where music is loud and laughter is louder.

AUTHOR LINKS 

Facebook | Fan Group | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Newsletter |


redemptive-fb-cover-REVIEW

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...