Thursday, January 8, 2015

Dire by Alyssa Rose Ivy Review (The Dire Wolves Chronicles)

Title: Dire
Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy
Genre: Paranormal Romance, New Adult
Date Published: September 15, 2014
Stars: 4 out of 5

Descritpion:

Gage was the first guy I ever wanted. He was my first crush and my first fantasy, but he wasn't my first in any other way because he never saw me as anything more than a friend— at least not until the night that changed everything.

It was all Gage's fault. He insisted we drive through the storm and take the back roads. By the time the storm hit full force we had no chance. One night of snowbound sex changed our relationship forever. The problem was at the same time I caught another guy’s attention. This other guy happened to be the alpha of a pack of shifter wolves. I thought the wolves were the worst of my problems, but I was wrong. When things went from bad to worse I had to make a lifelong sacrifice to save Gage, but what price is too much to save the one you love?


Review

4 out of 5 stars

I love me some Alyssa Rose Ivy books so if you haven't read any of her books get to it. I really recommend her Crescent Chronicles Series (Paranormal Romance). I thought this book was a little different from her other books because it starts off normal with two humans, getting involved with each other you could say. They have known each other for practically their whole life even though they didn't get along with the same crowds. They aren't really the same or hang out much in fact. 

So Gage is giving Mary Anne a ride home to their home town. Mary Anne has always had a crush on Gage and Gage recently discovered that he is attracted to Mary Anne. Gage is not very smart since he wants to get on the road during a snowstorm. Things are looking ok for them until bam they are stranded on the road. (Not so good.) Then things get heated between them. (Not so bad after all.) Then they start running out of food and they decide to start walking in the snow and they run into some random strangers. (Not so good again.) It is not really so random though if these strangers are kind of creepy and know about you. Even more scary is that they are wolves. 

As for the main characters, I thought Mary Anne was confusing at times because at the beginning we don't really see her as the adventurous and going after what you want kind of girl, which she later is. She is more reserved (kind of) among herself but when she goes off with Gage in his truck she changes to a going after what you want *cough* Gage *cough*. That is what confused me about her character. She changed personalities real quick. I didn't like that too much. 

As for Gage. I liked him a lot. He is good book boyfriend material. I liked that he wanted more with Mary Anne even though he didn't realize it at first. I like that Gage wanted to protect Mary Anne and he wanted to get them out of the situation/kidnapping/abduction situation they were in. He became very sweet to me because he wasn't thinking about himself and instead focused on Mary Anne. 

The wolves kind of seem obsessed and creepy to me because obviously they kidnapped Gage and Mary Anne! Hunter, the alpha, was really obsessed with Mary Anne. He felt creepy and scary to me because he really wanted Mary Anne even though he didn't even know her. I mean ok it was nice that he helped Mary Anne and Gage at the beginning but it was all a trap to keep them, well mostly Mary Anne. I like that Gage was trying to protect her but seriously it was kind of sad he couldn't do anything really because the wolves were stronger. I liked his attempts though. That is what made me like him.

It is a really messed up situation and I'm really looking forward to the next book because things are looking kind of bad for Gage and Mary Anne. They ran into some trouble and Mary Anne did some promising that wasn't to smart and Gage... Well Gage is going to have some real big changes in his life. That is all I'm going to say. Well thank you for reading my review and don't forget to pick up one of Alyssa Rose Ivy's books because they are good.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...