Sunday, December 27, 2015

[Review] Joy Is Found by Emma James


Levi Donovan is best friend and wingman to Keanu Lee. He is also his business partner in Limbitless Tees. (There is a pun in there, folks.) Well, he was wingman, but now Keanu has Hope in more ways than one.

Things are changing for this sexy brotherhood … for the better.
Retro has the love of his life, which has turned him into an overprotective caveman. Keanu is a goner. Text is trying his best not to screw things up with his complicated relationship with Faith—it’s a work in progress. Harley’s ‘spidey’ senses are working overtime. And ... Slade has gone MIA, not that Phoenix cares. Not much, anyway.
Damn Behemoth of a man.
Now the crew and the ever-expanding sisterhood are off to spend Thanksgiving in Cedar Hill, Texas with the people they love. Of course, what should have been a relaxing break away from OB turns into more than Levi bargained for.
When the girl he used to trip in elementary school with the mile-long legs and the ice blue hair crosses his path ... Let’s just say Levi is going to put his best foot forward, much to the amusement of the “inner circle.”
For once, Faith isn’t the one behind all the shenanigans; she has handed that baton over. Now she’s into matchmaking.
Oh, and of course there is that ever-pressing question:
Who is Hudson Raine?

My Thoughts
Emma James is the queen of being unpredictable. I don't think she can throw me anymore surprises or shocks but oh she does! I love that she gives me this shock factor. It makes the book so good. The cliffhangers that she has at the end of her last two books left me completely in awe and disbelief. I needed to know what happened and it made me want the book that much more. I NEEDED Joy Is Found. I needed to know who Ajax was?! That was a complete shocker. I am glad that I know now. Trust me it is not what you think. I was sure I knew what he was hiding but nope, I was wrong. 

I love that the men in these books all have a story. Each of them have something to say. All the POVs in these books are crazy but they work so well! I get to know what is happening in each of their lives. The first book was about Retro and him finding his girl. The second one was about Keanu and his woman. This one is about Levi! Levi had me interested because he didn't have much to say in the past books. Being able to get inside his head in this one was amazing. He really is a sweet guy. I love his confident demeanor. After everything that he has gone through I love that he is proud to be him. I love him that much more for it. What I love even more is that the playboy will fall. 

The girl he falls with is a joy. Lol. Literally Joy. She is a fantastic lady. She has issues with herself but she is such a tough woman. I love her style and her blue hair. I think Emma James did perfect with her character. I am just mad about her past. I understand it but it still hurts. She went through a lot like Levi, and that is why they are so perfect for each other. They connect in the best ways. They work together perfectly. I am so excited for then next book and I am also so glad that Emma James didn't give us that big of a cliffhanger. I was expecting a big one but glad she refrained because my heart couldn't handle it! Up next, Harley! Oh that boy. I wonder who he will fall for! After the whole brother fiasco I am hoping he finds a good one. Until next time! 
Links to The Men Of Ocean Beach Series
A Little Faith - Book 1: Amazon
Hope Is Lost - Book 2: Amazon
Joy Is Found - Book 3: Amazon

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...