Monday, November 16, 2015

Review and Character Interview: Ignite by Kelly Elliott


IGNITE – Release Day  - Nov 17, 2015
There were two things Emmit Lewis loved.


Racing cars and Adaline Morgan.
Time was stolen from the two young lovers and Emmit vowed never again would he allow anything to come between the two of them.
Blurred lines both on and off the track have Emmit being tested beyond his limits. Will he reach the checkered flag and ignite Adaline’s heart, or will he be black-flagged and lose everything he has ever dreamed of?



REVIEW
Kelly Elliott always surprises me with her books. She has a way of making characters feel special but with this book they felt so real. They had real problems and it wasn't a smooth ride. Ignite had me captured. The races, the love, and the craziness had me wanting more. The book was incredible and I couldn't put it down. Everytime someone or something would interupt me I would get angry because I didn't want to stop reading. When I was close to the end I didn't want to reach the finish line. I wanted more and I am so glad a second book will be coming. It will have two new characters and I am so excited for it. Kelly Elliott always has me anticipating her next book even before I have completely finished the book. She is just that good. 


Ignite is not like her Wanted series. It is not about cowboys and farms. It is about racecars. I was surprised at this but it quickly became a great gift. I love her cowboys and farm life but I like this little change. It got me excited at reading something new and it was just as good.

Emmit was just so swoon worthy. Since the start of the book I loved him and I felt his heartbreak at losing Addie. It broke my heart that she left him. He was torn because of this. He started a fast-paced life. I didn't like that so much but it was understandable. Kind of. I am glad that Addie decided to pursue her dreams but I think she did it the wrong way. But the past is the past. They are such a good couple and the things Emmit does *swoon*. There was this scene that completely blew me away. By that point I was far past in love with Emmit. He held my heart. That scene was the sweetest thing ever! Hint: It involves Pinterest. 

They do have a lot of problems and issues that they need to resolve and I liked this. They weren't the perfect couple. They had to work for it. This was a sweet and short romance that ignited my heart. I am so happy Kelly Elliot decided to take add this new track in her book collection. She really did an amazing job.
Character Interview
Hey everyone! I am Tanya from T & G Book Boutique and I am beyond excited to have this chance to interview Emmit and Addie.

Tanya: Hey Emmit and Addie I am so happy to have you both here. After the journey you guys have gone through, wow I am so happy for both of you. 

Emmit reaches for Addie’s hand. “Thank you, Tanya!”

Tanya: Emmit and Adaline, what is one thing that you love about one another? What is one thing you dislike about each other? I mean their must be at least one thing right? 

“I love Emmit’s energy. It’s infectious! However, I really wish he would learn to hang up a wet towel.” Emmit chuckles as he shakes his head.
“I love Addie’s heart. There isn’t anything she wouldn’t do for anyone. She could work on her OCD of wet towels though.”

Tanya: Emmit, I think we are all wondering the same thing. What triggered your love for racing? 

“I’ve loved racing for as long as I can remember. I’m sure it had something to do with my need to be the fastest at everything I did. Once I figured out I could beat my brother at racing out bikes, I kept moving up!”

Tanya: What emotions do you feel when you are in your racecar? What thoughts are in your head? 

Emmit’s face turns serious. “There’s something magical about racing. It’s not just about the rush, it’s everything combined. The strategizing with your team, the feel of racing as close to the wall as you can get, the moment you cross the finish line … man … there’s nothing like it. It’s the only place I know where I need to fully concentrate, yet let myself go if that makes sense.”

Tanya: Addie what made you want to pursue nursing when you had a man like Emmit in your life? 

Addie looks lovingly at Emmit. “It was the hardest decision of my life, but like Emmit, I wanted to follow my own dreams and that was important to me. It was a risk, but one I needed to take.”

Tanya: This question goes to both of you. Do you regret that time apart? 

“Yes and no. If we hadn’t been apart and Addie had stayed with me, she would have ended up regretting things. I wish I could go back in time and change things but we were both young. During that time apart, I think we both grew up a lot.”

Addie nods her head. “I agree. Looking back on it the time apart sucked, but it brought us to where we are today.”

Tanya: Emmit I absolutely love you! *blushes* Sorry, no offense Adaline! I promise I am not a crazy stalker. So anyways, Emmit, what made you decide to create that absolute beautiful dream house just like Addie wanted? I mean you guys weren’t even a couple. But seriously that is the sweetest thing I have ever heard of! 

With a smile, Emmit glances at Adaline before turning back to Tanya. “A part of me never gave up on us. Deep down I dreamed Addie would come back and when she did, I wanted to make sure I gave her everything she ever wanted. I didn’t even think twice when it came to designing the house. In my eyes, she was the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.”

Tanya: Emmit, tell us how you really feel about Malcolm? 

Emmit and Adaline both laugh. “He’s a great driver and talented as hell, but an arrogant bastard. But he’s a good guy and I think he just needs to find the right girl to settle him down. Now on the racetrack, he’s a bastard and I need to take him down.”

Tanya: Okay one last question before I let you go. Tell us something fun about your relationship that we may have missed in Ignite. 

Adaline looks at Emmit as her eyes lit up. “At least once a week, no matter where we are, Emmit plans a picnic just for the two of us. I can be in our backyard or on the bus, it doesn’t matter where, but it’s the one day I look forward to every week.”

Emmit smiles big. “And it’s always a surprise. Or course I quickly learned I needed to find out what her schedule was like for that day!”

Tanya: I am glad you were able to join us today. Thank you both for being here. It’s really great to have met you! 
“It was our pleasure!” Adaline says warmly.

“Thank you for having us, Tanya.”

ABOUT KELLY ELLIOTT
Kelly Elliott is married to a wonderful Texas cowboy who has a knack for making her laugh almost daily and supports her crazy ideas and dreams for some unknown reason...he claims it's because he loves her!
She’s also a mom to an amazing daughter who is constantly asking for something to eat while her fingers move like mad on her cell phone sending out what is sure to be another very important text message.
In her spare time she loves to sit in her small corner overlooking the Texas hill country and write.
One of her favorite things to do is go for hikes around her property with Gus....her chocolate lab and the other man in her life, and Rose, her golden retriever. When Kelly is not outside helping the hubby haul brush, move rocks or whatever fun chore he has in store for her that day, you’ll find her inside reading, writing or watching HGTV.

LINKS:
Facebook
Twitter: @author_kelly
Website
Amazon Author Page

Goodreads

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...