Friday, January 23, 2015

Stay by Alyssa Rose Ivy Book Review

Title: Stay
Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy
Genre: Paranormal Romance, New Adult
Published: October 20, 2014

Nothing could possibly get worse. Everything and everyone that could be in jeopardy already is, and Jared knows that he is The Society's only hope. If he doesn't find a way to escape he fails everyone including Vera, the bear shifter he can't seem to get out of his head.

Casey and Toby are in love. Head over heels in love, but is their love strong enough to survive a magic so powerful that Casey's mind is no longer in her control?

Vera will do anything to help her sister, and unfortunately that means she is well acquainted with Jared, the most frustrating man she has ever met. Now she has to find a way to fight her annoyance and growing attraction long enough to help save Levi and Allie.

Racing against the clock, all four must face their greatest fears to save The Society and all the people they love.


The Empire Chronicles Order
Soar (The Empire Chronicles...
by 
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Search (The Empire Chronicl...
by 

Stay (The Empire Chronicles...
by 


Review:
4 out of 5 stars

So after having been left in shock from the previous book (Search), I finally got to read Stay. When I figured out who the Boss was I couldn't believe it. I have never been that clueless before. I mean I would have never guessed that the Boss would of been that person. So a recount of book twos ending; We finally know who the boss is, we figure out that Casey's head has been messed with, and Jared has been captured by the Boss. Not a good ending at all. It left me shocked and wanting to know what will happen next. So I was ready for this book and especially so with Vera (Casey's long lost sister you could say), being introduced in the previous book.

I liked Vera because after the love triangle that went on with Casey, Toby, and Jared we needed to add someone new to the mix. Vera is perfect for that because she is the girl version of Jared. She has a strong personality and she speaks exactly what she thinks. She is straight to the point and I like that. Jared likes that too. He tries to fight his attraction for her but not very well. He doesn't want to like her but he does. I like to see Jared tortured (and I want him to fall in love too) and Vera is the perfect person for that. 

As for that crazy love triangle that was going on, I really am happy for Casey and Toby. They are good together and after all that Toby has gone through (Two love triangles!? Crazy!), I am happy that he is finally happy. I love the two of them together because Toby really cares and loves Casey. Their relationship in this book grows stronger because of what happens. Casey finally gets to learn the truth from her mother and it is acceptable for her to be with another Pteron. 

I liked this books because a lot goes on and we finally get to understand some of the things that went on in The Society. It is crazy how revenge can drive people to do things. There is betrayal that is surprising and secrets that are revealed. I liked it all but I am ready for the next book because Jared and Vera! That is going to be a fun one especially with all their banter and bickering.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...