Saturday, August 15, 2015

[Review] The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.

She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.




~Review~
4 out of 5 stars

So I joined up with the Square in Wonderland Book Club and this is one of the August Picks. Thanks to Dana for letting me know about the book club, I have always wanted to join one. So I haven't participated much but I do read the books. My life has been a little bit crazy right now but I promise I will try to join in on the discussion soon. Here is the link if anyone wants to join: 

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/166871-square-in-wonderland-book-club

I thought it would be important to mention this because every month I will be writing reviews of the books I read there. I will add the little thingy (pictured above) that I can't remember the name of now so you know its a book I read from Square in Wonderland. I like this because it will introduce me to new books and new authors that I don't think I would read otherwise.

Now lets get started. I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was a great refresher from all the other intense books that I have been reading lately that have had me bawling my eyes out. I absolutely love the dry sarcasm this book had with the amazing Caymen. Her personality and her well, sarcasm were so good. I thought she had a lot of spunk and character and it made me enjoy the book more. It was funny and it made me laugh at times.

So Caymen's dad left her when he found out her mom was pregnant. He was rich and he abandoned them so we know that the mom won't be happy if she starts dating a rich boy. Cayman didn't intend for that to happen but Xander just walked into her creepy doll shop that they own and live in. The dolls are a bit creepy but I loved it because its not cliche or common so I was ok with it. It's a good business to have. All those creepy dolls looking at you. Ok well not so much, that would freak me out but it worked well for them.

It was fun that Xander walked into the shop and that's how the met. I liked that cute game they played. I don't know why but Xander had something since the beginning that I liked. I liked his personality and he wasn't obnoxious or overpowering and he didn't show off his richness too much. He was adorable and I loved the Career Days he planed for Caymen. He was sweet to her and I liked that he was the one that pursued her. I also thought it was cute that Caymen tried to deny his attraction towards him.

I liked the buildup of the relationship and the characters were very well written. It was a good book and a cute story. Let me tell you though, it did surprise me at the end. I did not see that coming. I thought that was a good addition to tie in some of Caymen's history. Overall it was a really good book that I enjoyed. It was a really quick read too!

2 comments :

  1. Great review! Now I have to check out that book club ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. FRAG Pro Shooter Mod Generator Online Tool Hack - Generate Free 15K Diamonds for you Platform iOS and Android.
    FRAG Pro Shooter Hack!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...