Tuesday, October 25, 2016

[Dual Review] Twisted Palace by Erin Watt


These Royals will ruin you…


From mortal enemies to unexpected allies, two teenagers try to protect everything that matters most.


Ella Harper has met every challenge that life has thrown her way. She’s tough, resilient, and willing to do whatever it takes to defend the people she loves, but the challenge of a long-lost father and a boyfriend whose life is on the line might be too much for even Ella to overcome.

Reed Royal has a quick temper and even faster fists. But his tendency to meet every obstacle with violence has finally caught up with him. If he wants to save himself and the girl he loves, he’ll need to rise above his tortured past and tarnished reputation.
No one believes Ella can survive the Royals. Everyone is sure Reed will destroy them all.
They may be right.
With everything and everyone conspiring to keep them apart, Ella and Reed must find a way to beat the law, save their families, and unravel all the secrets in their Twisted Palace.

Amazon Purchase Links
US * UK * Canada * Australia  * Germany * France


Tanya and Lexy's Thoughts
**3.5 Stars**
Twisted Palace was my most anticipated read yet.  I was waiting for this book as soon as I finished the last words of Broken Prince. The first two books had me hooked. I lived, breathed, and dreamt about the Royals. I spoke about these books to my friends and anyone who would listen. So you can imagine my disappointment when I got to this book. It was good but it wasn’t as good as I hoped. I wanted more drama, more suspense, and more shock but Twisted Palace lacked these things.

I won’t talk about the plot or anything that goes on because I would ruin the book for you. I will just say that a lot of crazy happened. We see read in a though situation, the toughest yet. I saw little way out. Although I saw Reed, I was missing the other Royal boys. They didn’t make an appearance as much in the other two books and I missed that. I wanted more closeness but it didn’t happen.

Ella was my favorite character since the beginning. She had strength and power. In this book I was missing a lot of the characteristics that made me fall in love with her. She didn’t have passion. I wanted her to be her own character and stand up for herself. There was once part that just had me boiling over because that did not seem like an Ella thing.


The plot wasn’t strong enough. I thought it could be improved on to make it flow more easily. Another thing that I didn’t like was that the ending was so rushed! It happened to quickly and it didn’t give me enough time to process the whole thing. If it would have continued a little more and had more explanation it would have been great! The end could have included more Reed and Ella too. So overall the book could have done better but even with all these negative things I enjoyed the story. Now I am really excited for Easton. He will be the next book and I couldn’t be more excited because this book set it up good! There were little snippets and clues but not enough so it kept me guessing! I can’t wait to read more from these authors!
**3.5 stars**
I waited for this book for months. I needed it. I re-read books 1&2 to prepare, I was dying to know what happened, but once I read it? I felt let down. All of the anticipation and suspense I was looking for just wasn't there compared to the others in the series. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't my favorite. I was just a let down. I can't describe it.  

I won't go into detail about the plot or anything that gives away the story, but I felt compared to Paper Princess and Broken Prince, the plot wasn't as strong. It felt rushed. With Paper Princess and Broken Prince there was so much drama and suspense, which made me love it, but when it comes to Twisted Palace, it just wasn't there. I didn't get the secondary characters which were just as much of the story as Reed and Ella. 

Reed seemed to "mellow" which was different from him in the other ones and give him. Ella was portrayed as strong and passionate in books 1 & 2, but it just wasn't there this time around. Had the book been a little longer and not have felt as rushed, I think it would have been better. The end could have been more in depth with Reed, Ella and the other Royal boys (I seriously missed them in this book). I'm excited for Easton's book though, because it's Easton. we see Easton all throughout the books and I can't wait to get to know him more than just the snippets we get of him.

I can't wait to see what else these two authors can come up with though, because overall, their gift is amazing! Bring on the next Erin Watt book!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...