Sunday, December 13, 2015

[Review] Tempting by Alex Lucian

Tempting 
Author: Alex Lucian
Released Date: November 23, 2015

His body climbing over mine. 
My teeth biting his neck. 
His scent on my skin. 
My nails carving a path down his back. 
His commands whispered in my ear. 
All of my senses filled with him. 
I knew it was bad. But I craved more. 
It had begun innocently enough, bumping into one another in a crowded Boston bar. What followed that night had been anything but innocent. 
Because I'd known, even as he'd slid inside of me, that he was my professor. I'd pursued him, a predator stalking its prey. 
And he didn't know I was his student. 
But he would. 
***
Author's note: This isn't a jail bait student/teacher novel with a butterflies-in-the-belly kind of romance. The characters portrayed in this novel are consenting adults with functioning brains. If curse words, sex, and hard ass college professors with secrets offend you, move right along.

My Thoughts

4 out of 5 stars

Tempting is steamy, hot, and faced paced. It was a quick read that had me wanting a forbidden romance. Alex Lucian does a good job with the characters. Although I wasn't able to relate to them I did understand their character and feelings. I loved that the book got straight to the point. I wasn't wondering what happened because it was quickly explained and I love books like that. Sometimes I just need a book that doesn't have a lot of mystery. This one let me know early on that this was a professor/student love affair. 

In the beginning there was a little bit of denial. Professor Nathan Easton didn't want to believe or accept the truth. I was mad at this because I wanted him to admit his thoughts! His attraction was obvious. Denial didn't work obviously.

"You see me across a room and move your eyes elsewhere, the cobwebs in the corner holding more appeal."

This book was hot but I wanted more forbidden romance and steaminess. It was a little lacking here because I was thinking it was going to be hot! The title is called Tempting and I was so excited for it. If it had a little more hotness it would have been a 5 star for me. 

I liked Professor Nathan Easton and Adele. Their characters had a good development. Adele was forward in the way she wanted Nathan. She pursued him. She expressed herself as very confident but in the inside she has issues with her family, especially with her dad. I think this vulnerability and this deep emotional bleed your heart out monologue that she wrote really made me feel for her. This is one of the best things that I have read. This really made the book. It was so emotional that I felt it. Adele really isn't that open about herself so to get this little snippet was really amazing. She has a hard time connecting with people. She hasn't really connected with men, so of course, Nathan would be the one that changes that. He was the riskiest one but it worked out for them both.

"I greedily inhaled emails and fought every instinct to show up at her place in the middle of the night, just so I could touch and taste and devour and claim."

Nathan is a confident man. He is direct with this words and he is sexy in the classroom. He always captures attention but Adele quickly captured his. Adele's personality drew him towards her. He tried to deny it but she just brings out something in him that has lacked for a while. Nathan also has issues. His are emotional and sad. 

In the end I liked this book but I was expecting a little more. It is still a good read, I just found that strong passion and love was a little lacking. I wanted to feel more of their emotions. I wanted to know more about these two characters. What I learned wasn't enough. I want to be able to FEEL their feelings and thoughts.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...