Friday, January 2, 2015

Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Title: Wicked
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Genre: New Adult, Paranormal Romance
Date Published: December 8th, 2014

Description:

Things are about to get Wicked in New Orleans.

Twenty-two year old Ivy Morgan isn’t your average college student. She, and others like her, know humans aren’t the only thing trolling the French Quarter for fun… and for food. Her duty to the Order is her life. After all, four years ago, she lost everything at the hands of the creatures she’d sworn to hunt, tearing her world and her heart apart.

Ren Owens is the last person Ivy expected to enter her rigidly controlled life. He’s six feet and three inches of temptation and swoon-inducing charm. With forest-green eyes and a smile that’s surely left a stream of broken hearts in its wake, he has an uncanny, almost unnatural ability to make her yearn for everything he has to offer. But letting him in is as dangerous as hunting the cold-blooded killers stalking the streets. Losing the boy she loved once before had nearly destroyed her, but the sparking tension that grows between them becomes impossible for Ivy to deny. Deep down, she wants… she needs more than what her duty demands of her, what her past has shaped for her.

But as Ivy grows closer to Ren, she realizes she’s not the only one carrying secrets that could shatter the frail bond between them. There’s something he’s not telling her, and one thing is for certain. She’s no longer sure what is more dangerous to her—the ancient beings threatening to take over the town or the man demanding to lay claim to her heart and her soul.

“I bet you have the softest pair of lips out there. And I bet you taste sweet—sweeter than one of those beignets you've got me addicted to." His hand squeezed around the back of my neck. "But you got one hell of a bite—a kick to that sweetness. It'll be rough getting in there, and you're going to fight it every step of the way, but it'll be smooth once I'm there.” 

Review

4 out of 5 stars

I am the biggest fan of Jennifer L. Armentrout. I mean she is one of my favorite authors and I love her and her books so much. So when there was a lot of big hype about Wicked and the cover, it got me really interested in the book. I was expecting it to be the best JLA book this year with the amount of anticipation it received. As soon as I had the chance to read it I picked up my kindle and started it. It was not what I expected at all. I was ready for a lot of action and surprises and everything that goes on in books JLA writes. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and it was good but I don't think it was the best book she has written.

I liked that JLA tried this new thing with the fae and it was really interesting. I like where this trilogy is going. I think the next books will be better because of the action that is suspected according to the ending of Wicked. The ending got really interesting and that is when I started enjoying the book more. If it wasn't for that ending, the book wouldn't of been that great to me. I did like the characters though, especially Tink.

Man Tink was amazing. And now I finally understand why I would see Tweets from JLA about Tink! I was confused by them but now I finally get it haha. So back to Tink. That little brownie is cute and I love his addiction to Amazon and troll dolls. Funny little Tink. I like that Ivy (MC) has this soft side toward Tink and lets him into her life after all the tragedy that she has gone through. Tink is just the person you want in your life. Cute. Funny. Interesting.

Moving on to Ivy who is the main character of Wicked. So her life belongs to the Order. The Order hunts and sends back the fae to the Otherworld. Ivy is a part of this and it is her job to send them back. You are born into the Order and it makes it hard for Ivy to get attached to people because if she does they might just die like her family and boyfriend. Ivy goes on and does her thing and hunts for fae except this time she gets into a little bit of trouble. She has never had a problem killing fae. You just shove the iron stake into the fae's chest and *poof* be gone. This time she does what she's supposed to but it doesn't quite work and the fae shoots her which of course is weird because fae don't just materialize things into thin air and shoot. They usually fight but not this fae.

Ivy drags herself away and makes it alive to the place where the fae gather. She is shot and kind of crazy so she doesn't remember much of what happens after that. She does remember seeing this guy though. She doesn't really look her best either. Blood oozing out of her wound and not so good looking crazy red hair sticking out in all directions. *Enter Ren Owens, incredibly good looking guy* Ren and the doctor help her and she survives. When she wakes up she tries to explain what happened but they don't really believe her because fae don't just poof things.

Ivy is incredibly angry that they don't believe her but she goes on doing her thing. She does meet Ren and he is good looking once she has a clear head. When she tries looking for the weird fae Ren tries to stop her and I like her spunky attitude. She fights Ren and doesn't listen to him much. This is where their relationship starts to develop because Ren admits that he knows that the fae she encountered was an ancient. Ancients are practically unstoppable. Ren however knows how to stop them because he belongs to this special secret society within the Order that no one knows about. It is his job to stop something crazy from happening like the door to the Otherworld opening and fae, more importantly ancients crossing through.

They start going out together to hunt and they try to discover things about the ancient and why so many Order members are dying. It starts getting good towards the end and I like that Ren pursues Ivy. I like when guys pursue the girl. It's quite fun. Once it starts getting towards the end of the book things get very interesting and enjoyable. Ren and Ivy do things that I rather not mention and some crazy thing happen that make the book better than the beginning. The book gets intriguing to me then because stuff happens that your led to believe in the beginning is not true but then it is true towards the end. My words are confusing but if you read it you'll know what my crazy words mean. The thing that turns out to be true is kind of sad because bad things can happen if said thing is found out. People will be looking for said person. People will try killing said person. Things are not looking good for said person or for poor Ren at the end of the book. That is why I need the next book because things just got good. Ok so I think I wrote too much so that is good enough. I hope you enjoyed my review. After thinking things through I would recommend this book but don't get disappointed in the beginning because the end is quite satisfying. I am sure the next book will be real good. I am looking forward to it.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...