Tuesday, June 13, 2017

[Review] Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata



Ruby Santos knew exactly what she was getting herself into when she signed up to write a soldier overseas.The guidelines were simple: one letter or email a week for the length of his or her deployment. Care packages were optional.Been there, done that. She thought she knew what to expect.What she didn’t count on was falling in love with the guy.



Review
I don’t usually write reviews right after I finish books but this one couldn’t wait. Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata gave me shivers. Literal shivers as I was glued to the book feeling everything the characters had to offer. I felt sadness, laughter, fear, kindness, and friendship. This book and the author gave me their all. I don’t know how, but I fell into the words and this heartfelt story.

Every since my friend gave me a book by Mariana Zapata I became obsessed with her and her words. I get so submerged I don’t want to do anything else and sometimes I literally can’t. I was brushing my teeth and reading this book, I was doing my hair and reading. I. Could. Not. Stop. The first half of the book was cute. I was a little impatient with it because the emails wouldn’t stop coming but I laughed so much and got to know the characters. This part was completely necessary and it introduced the characters perfectly.

Ruby reminded me so much of myself I was laughing and cringing and crying right along with her. I felt hopeful and hopeless all at once. I felt everything. This girl was perfectly written and brilliantly amazing. Aaron was unbelievable in that shocking kind of way, and gave off all the good vibes. He was beautifully written and heart stopping. I don’t even know what to say other than perfect. I loved this character dearly.

The second half of the book had me all over the place. I felt like my heart had hope but was dying all at once. I couldn’t handle all of the emotions thrown my way but I couldn’t stop or even look away from the book. I cried and was teary and I FELT so much. Aaron had my heart swooning nonstop and Ruby had me snorting and bursting out laughing so much.


Dear Aaron was a story that has you entranced. Mariana Zapata is one of my favorites and I can’t get enough of her magic and heart stopping words. She is a master and completely amazing at writing. If you haven’t read her books I say go read them now.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...