Friday, December 16, 2016

[Review] Being Brooke by Emma Hart

Title: Being Brooke
Author: Emma Hart
Release Date: December 12, 2016

My name is Brooke Barker…And I’m a freaking disaster.No, seriously. I’m a college drop-out working a dead-end job, my best friend Carly’s dog gets more action than I do, and I have more bad dates in my diary than there are movie remakes.
Not to mention I’m completely and utterly in love with Cain Elliott.The problem? He’s in a relationship. With a girl who’s so plastic she makes Barbie cry herself to sleep with jealousy.
The second problem? He’s my best friend.
My shut-up-and-put-harry-potter, yes-this-is-your-shirt, help-I-have-no-power, crap-I’m-out-of-tampon, kinda best friend.
And that’s all he can be, right?
Right.Being Brooke is a standalone romantic comedy. Hilarious, super-sexy, and possibly highly inappropriate at times, this is the perfect feel-good read!

iBOOKS | B&N | Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | Amazon CA

Review

**4.5 stars**

Let me just start out by saying, Emma Hart rocks at writing secondary characters, not to mention how superb her grandparents are when she writes them. I crack up every time I think of Brooke's grandpa in this book. If you loved Nona from the Holly Wood Files, you're going to love grandpa. Now moving onto the rest of the story.

Brooke Barker has a serious problem. She is in love with her best friend, since she was 15 mins you, Cain Elliott. The only problem is Cain has a girlfriend and man does she not like her. Does Cain have any idea Brooke has feelings for him? Nope. Which makes the story even more Kerala life and love able. I connected with Brooke on so many levels that it wasn't even funny. I flat out loved her. There were so many times I would crack up out loud over things she would say or do.

Cain is amazing. I think next to Drake, he is my next favorite Emma Hart male character. He has these two best friends that are female and a girlfriend, all who hate each other. He is all man. He loves his family and his friends. He holds his friendship with Brooke as one of the most important things in his life. Can he survive with all of these females in his life or does he pick one over the other? Does he want Brooke like she wants him?

I seriously hope that two of the secondary characters Zeke and Carly get their own book. I feel a story is there that needs to be told.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...