Wednesday, November 2, 2016

[Review] Lucas by Jay McLean

Title: Lucas
Author: Jay McLean
Release Date: November 1, 2016
Format: eARC

In a sprint, every millisecond counts.  
When you’re waiting for love, those milliseconds can feel like eons.  
High school senior Lucas Preston has it all: star of the track team, a scholarship waiting for him, an apartment to himself and a revolving door of girlfriends. He also has an older sister, five younger brothers and a father who relies on him to make sure those brothers don’t kill each other.  
His saving grace? Lois “Laney” Sanders, a girl he started to fall in like with when he was just eleven. 
A girl who became his best friend, his confidant, his courage.  
It took only sixteen clicks and eight seconds for Lucas to realize that his like for Laney had turned into love.   
Eight life-changing seconds.  
It’s also the exact length of time it took to lose her.

Amazon US * Amazon UK *
Review
**5 Stars**

"It took only sixteen clicks and eight seconds.."

Jay is my absolute favorite one click author, hands down. If she has a new release coming out, there is no need to read the blurb, just one click it. Every word she writes hits me in the feels every time. She is amazing. Her ability to tell an absolute phenomenal story happens with every one of her stories. When you're reading you get lost in that world she has created; you feel as if you're apart of their world. Reading Lucas was no different and not only did you feel as if you were apart of their world, you were a part of the Preston family. Every word of this story is perfect. It grabs you from the prologue and keeps you going until the very last word u until you read "The End".

My initial reaction after reading Lucas was I wanted to smack him, I wanted to ask him what he was thinking, and I wanted to hug him. I felt for him. I loved reading his story. After the glimpse of him on More Than Forever, I found him intriguing. Reading his story gives you the full picture of how amazing he is an individual. I loved him.

Laney sweet, sweet girl. Jay did an amazing job writing her character. Like my reaction with Lucas, I wanted to ask what she was thinking so many different times. I wanted to hug her and just tell her it'd be okay. My heart hurt for her multiple times but in the end, I just wanted to keep reading her story and watching her grow as an individual. Seeing where she was in the beginning and seeing where she is at the end hurts you and heals you.

You also learn more about the family Preston family. This family is amazing. You see different aspects of the family and learn about how they operate and function. You see a bit of Cam and Lucy, you see Little Logan as a teenager. You fall in love with Leo. You laugh with Lachlan. You see with Liam and Lincoln that twin bond is a real thing and love them even more. Tom Preston is an amazing man and he has raised an even more amazing family. You get lost in the Preston family.

I hope we get more of this amazing family and the rest of their stories.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...