Friday, September 16, 2016

[Review] Draw Play by Tia Lewis


Title: Draw Play: A Sports Romance
Author: Tia Lewis
Genre: New Adult & College Romance
Release Date: September 1, 2016
Format: eBook (Amazon Purchase)
Jake:
I can’t believe my coach assigned me a tutor. I’m all that on the field and between the sheets — who cares about my stupid grades?
But Claire doesn’t treat me like I’m dumb. When we’re not busy fighting, she actually encourages me. And with those sexy curves of hers, I know just how to thank her.

Claire:

I hate football players, but I need the money. Jake is just as cocky and arrogant as the worst of them … but his touch sets me on fire.
I have to believe he’s different, that he won’t use me and break my heart. Because I can’t stop wanting him. I just hope I survive the ride. 


Review
**4 stars**
Draw Play is my first book my Tia Lewis, it also happens to be her debut novel, and I wasn’t disappointed. The story line is one we see often, of a jock needing a tutor, but I felt Lewis did a good job at making her story unique with the characters and their interests. The story is told in dual POV.

Claire is a prelaw student who depends on work study to help balance out the additional funds she needs to survive each semester.  After being assigned to help tutor Jake, a star of the football team, she is reluctant but she needs the money. Her only problem? She hates football players. Watching her relationship with Jake was one of my favorite aspects of the story. She helped him discover new ways to study and also helped him realize he was smart and not just a dumb jock. What she wasn’t prepared for was the attraction she had for him.

Jake is my favorite character out of this story. Being a jock, football is his life. It’s his chance of giving himself a better future, but this won’t happen if he can’t keep his grades up. Barely getting by last semester, his coach hires a tutor to help make sure he keeps his grades up. What he wasn’t prepared for was Claire and her ability to make him realize how much he enjoyed studying and more importantly how attracted he was to her.

Overall, I enjoyed this book and the characters. Watching Jake and Claire get over their issues and stereotypes made the story unique in the sense they didn’t just automatically fall in love with each other. They had to work for it and get over issues in their current and past situations. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...