Tuesday, September 13, 2016

[Review] Dare To Dance by S.B. Alexander




Title: Dare To Dance

Author: S.B. Alexander
Release Date: September 13, 2016
Genre: Sports Romance
Format: eARC
This story will grab your heart and never let go! Based on true events.
Hoping to sign with one of the biggest boxing promoters in the country, Kross Maxwell has to maintain a near perfect record. He can’t afford to lose any more bouts. But his head isn’t in the ring. Instead, he can’t seem to shake his past that’s been beating on his mind. To get back in the game, he goes in search of the girl he walked away from--the one girl who's always owned his heart.
Twenty-year-old, Ruby Lewis, is angry and frustrated with the way her life turned out. She dreamed of becoming a ballerina, but instead of performing for the rich and famous, she’s swinging her fists at girls twice her size in filthy, underground fights. She’d give anything to sleep in a bed, rather than the cold dark streets of Boston. Begging for her next meal, she often thinks of the friends she once had, the nice home she lived in, and the only boy to ever steal her heart. But Kross Maxwell wouldn’t want her now--not with dirty fingernails, ragged clothes and oily hair. But when she runs into him, the concrete wall she’s erected around herself threatens to crumble, and she can’t let that happen--if she wants to survive and get back the only thing that's ever mattered to her.
Dare to Dance is the 4th book in the Maxwell Series and can be read as a stand-alone. The book is intended for audiences 18+


Review
Dare To Dance is filled with shock value, passion, rekindling love, and one hot, loving, and sweet Kross. It feels like I have been waiting for this book forever. Ever since I read Dare to Kiss back in December, I fell in love with the Maxwell brothers, but Kross was always my favorite. I was beyond excited when this book popped up on my kindle. Dare to Dance left me in utter shock and disbelief. S.B. Alexander did amazing with the book because I couldn’t predict anything. That is what I look for most in books and she delivered it well.

I won’t go into much detail for the book because I want the everyone to experience the full effect that is Dare to Dance. But I will talk about the characters because I loved them so much!

First, I will tackle Ruby. She was a character that is tough, because life made her that way. I was feeling so much turmoil over her. I felt so sad and broken one minute and the next I was angry because she could have asked for help. But once I finished this book I understood her actions and her behavior. She had a difficult life but she did the best she could. Ruby is a character who is stubborn, a hard worker, with a very loving personality when she allows her walls down. In the end, I was so happy that Kross was able to find such a lovely woman that could fight for herself.

Kross. Sigh. Where do I begin with him? I love that he is a boxer. I thought he was so interesting since I met him in the first Maxwell Brother book. He always knew what he wanted and he is dedicated. That is what I love about my book boyfriends. They go after what they want and Kross did just that. But just when I thought everything was going good there is something so unexpected that smacks me in the face. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I did not expect what was coming at all. It took me a while to accept it but when I did I was so crazy over what was going to happen. Kross brought out all the feels for me, especially during a certain part where he sang. It was so adorable and unlike him. It made me fall hard and that is where his journey began. Unexpected and tantalizing indeed.

Dare to Dance is a book with unexpected turns that hit you with all the feels and leaves you gasping. S.B. Alexander has written one of her best books. It is truly remarkable how she was able to put this book together and make it flow perfectly. I cannot wait until she releases more of these Maxwells because with each book comes a new surprise and new romance.



Connect with S.B. Alexander

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...