Wednesday, March 2, 2016

[Review] Liquid and Ash by E.M. Abel


Title: Liquid & Ash
Author: E.M. Abel
Release Date: March 1, 2016
Format: e-ARC
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Love was my weakness. In the light of the truth, no one can hide. Derek had ignited a spark inside of my heart, a hope for a love I never expected to find. However, our connection lacked the substance it needed to burn. Weakened with resentment, our relationship crumbled under deception, slowly dissolving into ash. I had sacrificed myself for him and paid the price. By the time Brandon entered into my life, the longing in my heart had turned cold. But fate was not done with me. His crystal blue eyes and fluid touch revived a wish that had been frozen in time. He gave me hope once again. Hope is a dangerous thing, especially when you dare to dream. *Warning: This book contains adult content.





My Thoughts
I am going to be brutally honest with this review. I have never disliked a book from the start and then later fell in love with it. Liquid & Ash is real and raw and incredibly truthful. E.M. Abel delivers one of the best books I have ever read. I am truly impressed by her work and I will for sure look into more of her books!

When diving in, the beginning depressed me and it left me sad. I never judge a book until the very end so I continued reading it. As I continued, there was this switch inside me, or maybe it was the book, that made me realize just how GOOD it was. It wasn't until I moved on from those sad moments, that I realized that those moments are what made this book so much better. It was a struggle, a real struggle, but the main character, Penelope, was able to overcome so much and find a path for herself.

Liquid and Ash is about this girl who is broken. She chose to follow love and leave everything behind. She quit school and picked love instead.  It wasn't until years later that she realized her love and her marriage were not working. It was destructive to her and it was a depressing life. After many struggles she decides to start over, which is such a strong and brave choice. Will Penelope let love ruin her life once again or will she follow her own path toward healing?

Penelope is the best character that I have ever read. With her, I discovered just how much truth other books lack. E.M. Abel gave us the most truthful character in Penelope. She tells the reader how it is. Penelope reveals her feelings and thoughts without shame. It gave me this incredibly strong and real connection towards her. I didn't realize just how much other characters try to hide their emotions, thoughts, and feelings in their own book! They don't share the truth until the very end! Penelope shared it with every chapter! It was truly incredible and I am in awe and so grateful that the author gave me this beautifully truthful character even when she was at her most weak and vulnerable state.

Her character development was beautiful. Penelope was struggling in the beginning but she because such as strong woman. She thought love was her weakness but it wasn't that. She just needed to believe in herself. In the end she found strength in love. It was such a beautiful thing!

In the beginning I hated the man in Penelope's life. I hated Derek, her husband. He only brought her problems. Their love was once thought of as whole, but he was never the one. HE was destructing Penelope and I am glad she had the strength to leave and look out for herself for once. With this book, I didn't know if I was going to get another love story. But in walks beautifully, damaged Brandon. I FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM. Brandon is so amazing. It was hard for me to decipher him in the beginning but as soon as we go more of him he was everything I wanted him to be.

This book is all about struggles and finding the right path. Liquid and Ash is one of the most heartbreakingly beautiful stories I have read. It is a story about love, loss, finding the will to love again, and finally finding happiness. This book is not easy to read and I am sure it is not for everyone but the least you can do is give it a chance! It is truly wonderful. I highly recommend.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...