Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Alpha Unleashed Review




Tessa McCaide has had it up to here with supernaturals. Luciana may have failed to steal Tessa’s magic, but she’s just getting started on her crusade for magical domination. If her demonic summoning isn’t stopped, it could mean the end of everything.

Tessa’s allies, including her mate Dastien, are ready to fight, but they’re no match for Luciana’s power. A little help (and ancient Inca mojo) from Tessa’s cousin, Claudia, may give the side of good a chance if she can make it home in time, but stopping the war is no longer an option.

When witches and wolves fight, no one wins. Only time will tell who will still be standing after the last spell is cast.


 3.5 out of 5 stars


I’m going to start this review by quoting Taylor Swift, this series was like “driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street.” Not that I personally know how driving that type of car feels, broke college student here, but I get the gist. This is how this series felt to me. It started off fantastically! Tessa, the protagonist, was a strong, confident, well-rounded, kick-butt human being!  In other words, she owned this biz. I fell head over heels for her love interest, Dastien. Whom of course I had to add to my long list of book boyfriends (yes they are all madly in love with me and I with them). 

 


“If I cut myself off from him because I was scared, then I wasn’t really living. I was getting by.”



The characters were all well developed, and even the minor characters had major depth to them. All of the juicy action takes place over the span of a couple of months. It’s easy to forget that with all the stuff that goes on within the book. The story itself was super enticing and kept me wanting more! There was some loose ends tied up in this book that were well needed. We got to see how the gang deals with the Luciana issue. We see Tessa and Dastien become closer than they’ve ever been before. Certain somethings are exposed. We also get to see some major butt-kicking from the people/weres/witches/faeries we have all come to love. 

 


“Because love was worth it. Always.”




However, the final book didn’t live up to my expectations. It seemed to drag and the ending was seriously anti-climactic. The series had been absolutely incredible up until the last book. I was super disappointed of how this book ended. I definitely expected more of the great story telling that had had been getting previously by Ms. Erin. Unfortunately that did not come to pass, but I can’t say I regret reading this series. I loved it and I cannot wait for it to continue with the stories of all the other characters. I am now ready for the Meredith/Donovan novel! Bring it Aileen Erin! 


“But there were no promises in life. No guarantees. I had to live everyday like it was my last, and do my best to make my life count.”


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...