Thursday, November 20, 2014

Bulletproof Release Day + My Review

Bulletproof by Melissa Pearl
Release Day Blitz

November 20, 2014

Morgan Pritchett doesn't need anyone. Strong-willed and confident, she's the master of organizing and looking after everyone around her. In her mind, she's bulletproof. 
But she has one weakness - men. She can't seem to live without them, yet is unable to find her perfect match. After yet another break up, Morgan promises her sister and best friend that she'll write off men for the rest of the year...but then she meets Sean Jaxon. 



Sean Jaxon has worked hard to become a Hollywood actor, scoring minor roles and slowly making a name for himself as an action sidekick. After a chance encounter with the stunning Morgan Pritchett, he decides to take a risk and put his dancing skills to the test by signing on for the lead role in Superstar, a TV musical. He never thought he'd reconnect with the girl who urged him to ignore his manager and be honest with himself, but when Morgan shows up on the set as a production assistant, he realizes he's found his ultimate weakness - her. 


Their passion for dance and music will bring them together, but will their relationship be able to withstand the forces determined to pull them apart? As Morgan comes face-to-face with her long-buried demons and Sean decides just how much he's willing to risk for love, these two songbirds discover something...they're not as bulletproof as they thought.

Review
4.5 out of 5 stars

I couldn't of been more happy when I had the opportunity to get an ARC and be part of another big day for Melissa Pearl. Ever since I read Fever (Songbird Novel #1) I have been a big fan and I have participated in everything I could in regards to her book events. I absolutely loved Ella and Cole they are my favorite couple so far but I absolutely loved Morgan and Sean. Melissa couldn't of described them better. They are both bulletproof.

Morgan has always been the strong one and in Fever I saw her as a mother figure. To actually get inside her head and feel the emotions right along with her was intense. I had no clue as to what Morgan dealt with in her past and still continues to deal with. She is a strong woman but sometimes you need someone to lean on and Morgan tried to take everything head on. She reminds me of myself  sometimes. Morgan is stressed out because she recently graduated and she can't find a job. One night she is taken away to club by Ella and Jody after her recent breakup to let loose. They all do karaoke on stage and they kill it. In comes Sean the actor. He watches the girls but Morgan is the one who catches his attention. He can't help but be pulled by her and they talk but he is famous and she is not so they won't ever meet again right? Wrong.

So let me tell you a little bit about Sean before I move on the their relationship. So Sean comes from a humble background and family. They didn't have much as kids but now Sean has everything. He has everything he ever wants. He is famous and he likes his acting career but one thing is missing. He wants to feel alive in his acting and after his brief encounter with Morgan he decides to take a chance on a TV musical where he can sing and dance. 

Morgan is rejected from another job but they call her back after some time and offer her a position. She is going to be doing little tasks like getting coffee or things like that and she accepts because no one else has offered her a job. So of course this is where they meet again at the TV show. Sean pursues Morgan and they start talking and developing a relationship. Its all good until Sean's manipulative and ugh horrible manager (or whoever she is) starts saying that Morgan is not good. This creates problems with their relationship and Morgan can't take it. I understand this because she wants someone to pick her and she needs someone to lean on. She can't be alone and strong anymore. She needs someone strong now that will help her. 

AGH I hated this, more specifically Sean for being so dumb! I was so angry and this part brought out all the feels for me. I'm not going to share it because I want you to find and feel it out for yourselves. I just wanted to share my anger but now I am done (I think). Oh yeah how could I forget the worst person in the book. He seriously topped my most hate list characters. He is both Morgan and Sean's boss. Ugh I seriously hate him. He is the worst person ever. Anyway, get this book pronto and if you haven't read Fever then it is a must read first. These books will have you on edge, especially the first one.

BUY IT AT:
~*~ABOUT MELISSA PEARL~*~
Melissa Pearl was born in Auckland, New Zealand, but has spent much of her life abroad, living in countries such as Jordan, Cyprus and Pakistan... not to mention a nine month road trip around North America with her husband. "Best. Year. Ever!!" She now lives in China with her husband and two sons. She is a trained elementary teacher, but writing is her passion. Since becoming a full time mother she has had the opportunity to pursue this dream and her debut novel hit the internet in November 2011. Since then she has continued to produce a steady stream of books. Recently she signed with Evatopia Press and her first Evatopia book was released in February 2014 - True Colors, The Masks Series #1. She is very excited to be trying out new things this year while continuing to publish under her own name as well. She has six books releasing in 2014 and is excited about writing each and every one of them.

"I am passionate about writing. It stirs a fire in my soul that I never knew I had. I want to be the best writer I can possibly be and transport my readers into another world where they can laugh, cry and fall in love."

GIVEAWAY:

1 comment :

  1. Thanks so much for helping me celebrate the release and for your great review :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...